Recipe-254-Celeriac Pancetta Soup
If you're looking for a hearty, tasty soup recipe that's sure to become a family favorite, look no further--this celeriac pancetta soup is the perfect winter comfort food. Boasting earthy flavors with just enough of a kick from the pancetta, this delicious soup can be made in under an hour and will leave your belly full and warm. Plus it's incredibly easy to customize so everyone can have their ideal bowl! So grab some celeriac and pancetta, find that pot and get ready to enjoy one of the most comforting meals around--our amazing Celeriac Pancetta Soup!
- 1 cup celery root, diced
- 1 onion, medium, chopped
- 1 potato, large, chopped
- 3/4 cup smoked pancetta, diced
- 2 cups vegetable broth
- 2 cups light cream
4 tbs olive oil
- 2 tbs heavy cream to garnish
- 1 tsp thyme, dried
1 tsp salt
1/4 tsp white pepper
Heat the olive oil in a nonstick saucepan and sauté the potatoes with the celery root for 5-7 minutes. Add the onions and keep cooking for 5 more minutes until tender, seasoning with salt and pepper.
- Add the broth and cream, and simmer over medium heat for 30 minutes, adding water if needed.
- In the meantime, sauté the pancetta cubes in a dry pan for 5 minutes, until golden brown.
- Scoop out a few potato and celery chunks.
- Process the remaining soup with a stick blender until creamy. Add the potato and celeriac chunks back to the saucepan.
- Serve the soup hot, topped with the pancetta and garnished with a swirl of heavy cream and thyme.
Products used in this Recipe: