Recipe-247-Butternut Squash and Apple Soup with Toasted Croutons
Craving a hearty and comforting bowl of soup this fall? Our Butternut Squash and Apple Soup with Toasted Croutons is sure to hit the spot! This savory recipe combines two of autumn's signature ingredients - butternut squash and apples - into a perfect combination. Plus, adding freshly made croutons on top adds an extra layer of flavor, crunch and texture. You'll love the balance between sweetness and savoriness, as well as how easy it is to make this meal from scratch!
- 4 cups butternut squash, diced
- 2 cups apples, preferably Granny Smith peeled, cored, chopped
- 2 cups vegetable broth
- 1 cup coconut milk
- 1 red onion, large, chopped
- 1/2 cup celery root, chopped
4 tbs olive oil
- 1 tsp curry powder
1 tsp salt
1/4 tsp black pepper
- 3 slices white bread, cubed 1/2 inch each
1 tbs olive oil
1/4 tsp salt
For the croutons
Heat the olive oil in a nonstick sauce pan and sauté the squash with the apples, celery and onions for 10 minutes.
Season with curry, salt and pepper and add the coconut milk and broth. Simmer for 20 minutes.
In the meantime, make the croutons: Heat the olive oil in a wide pan and toast the bread cubes, seasoning with salt in the pan for 2-3 minutes until golden brown on all sides.
- Process the soup with a stick blender until creamy and serve hot, topped with the croutons.
Products used in this Recipe: