Recipe-233-Tortellini Soup with Italian Sausage
Are you looking for a delicious and easy-to-make meal that will bring a taste of Italy to your table? Look no further! Our Tortellini Soup with Italian Sausage is sure to hit the spot. This cozy soup recipe has all the makings of an amazing Italian dish - savoury Italian sausage, fresh vegetables, flavorful herbs and cheese stuffed tortellini. All of these ingredients combine into one sensational dish that's perfect anytime. Not only does it taste wonderful but it also doesn't take much time to prepare! So what are you waiting for? Get ready to have a traditional Italian feast in your own kitchen.
- 1 pound ground Italian Sausage
- 1 onion, red, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 cups canned crushed tomatoes
- 4 cups vegetable broth
- 4 cups tortellini
- 1/2 cup basil, fresh leaves
6 tbs olive oil
- 1 tsp paprika, mild
1/2 tsp salt
1/4 tsp black pepper
Heat the olive oil, in a sauce pan and sauté the ground sausage for 2-3 minutes. Add the onion and sauté for 5 more minutes. Add the garlic and stir.
- Add the crushed tomatoes, and tortellini. Bring to a gentle simmer and gradually add broth until the tortellini are cooked through and the soup reaches a thick consistency.
- Add the basil leaves and serve hot.
Products used in this Recipe: