Recipe-227-Dandelion & Provencal Croutons Salad
Welcome to the world of delicious and flavourful food! Today, we've got a special treat for you - Dandelion & Provencal Croutons Salad. This salad is not only healthy and nutritious but also full of flavours that will tantalise your taste buds. Whether you're looking for an energising start to the day or simply want to enjoy something different for dinner, this recipe has everything you need. Packed with crunchy croutons, sweet dandelions and fresh herbs from the provence region in France, it's sure to please even the pickiest of eaters. Ready? Let's get started on this delightful dish!
2 cups dandelion greens
- 2 cups mixed greens, wild rocket or chopped iceberg lettuce
- 2-3 pieces Italian pancetta, or bacon thinly sliced into ribbons
- 2 eggs
- 2-3 sundried tomatoes
- 2 thick slices crusty bread
- 1 clove garlic
1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil plus 2 tablespoons for the croutons
- 2-3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon honey
- ½ teaspoon Provencal spices
¼ teaspoon salt
½ teaspoon black pepper
Bring a pot of water to a boil and herb boil the eggs (7-8 minutes).
- In the meantime heat a dry pan and crisp the pancetta or bacon for a minute on each side. Remove from the pan and transfer on a plate lined with paper towels.
- Peel the clove of garlic slice in half and rub on the bread slices to infuse with flavour.
Dice the bread and toss in the same pan with 2 tablespoons of extra virgin olive oil. Season with salt and pepper, stirring or tossing to crisp evenly for 2-3 minutes over high heat to seal in the flavors. Remove from the heat and season with the Provencal spices. Set aside.
- Mix the dandelions with the lettuce or mixed greens in a large salad bowl.
Whisk the extra virgin olive oil with the lemon juice and honey to make a simple dressing.
- Drizzle over the salad.
- Top with the eggs, sun dried tomatoes, pancetta (or bacon) and croutons.