Recipe-221-Pearl Couscous Risotto with Chestnuts and Mushrooms
Are you feeling adventurous in the kitchen? Don't let the idea of risotto intimidate you! Pearl couscous is a great alternative to traditional Arborio rice, and when it's prepared with rich chestnuts and fragrant mushrooms, it makes an extraordinary meal. Our risotto recipe takes these flavors to new heights of deliciousness that are sure to impress your guests. So full of savory notes and croquettes-like texture, pearl couscous risotto might be one of best dishes you've ever made - so grab your chef hat and get ready for this gastronomical adventure!
- 1 cup pearl couscous
- 2 shallots, chopped
- 2 cups wild mushrooms diced
- 3 1/2 oz chestnuts, cooked , peeled
- 5 1/2oz spinach
- 2 cups vegetable stock, hot
- 2 tbs Parmesan cheese, grated
4 tbs olive oil
1 tsp salt
1/4 tsp black pepper
Heat the olive oil in a pan and sauté the shallots with the mushrooms for 5-7 minutes, until golden brown, seasoning with salt and black pepper. Add the chestnuts and stir.
- Add the couscous, and stir to combine the flavors. Gradually add the stock until the couscous is cooked through.
- Stir in the spinach until it wilts.
- Add the grated parmesan and stir to melt.
Serve hot with a drizzle of olive oil.
Products used in this Recipe: