- 3 cups chickpeas, canned
- 3 cups vegetable broth
- 1 1/2 cup coconut milk
- 1/2 cup tomato sauce
- 1 onion, medium, red, chopped + extra for garnish
- 3 garlic cloves, sliced
3 tbs olive oil
- 1 tbs curry powder
- 1 lemon, half juice + slices to garnish
1 tsp salt
- 1 tbs parsley leaves to garnish
- 1/2 tsp chili flakes to garnish
Heat the olive oil in a saucepan and sauté the onions for 2-3 minutes over high heat. Lower the heat to medium and add the garlic and chickpeas.
Season with curry and salt. Add the broth, tomato sauce and coconut milk and simmer for 20-25 minutes.
- With a slotted spoon take half of the chickpeas out of the pot and process the rest of the soup with a stick blender (or food processor) until smooth and creamy.
- Return the chickpeas to the saucepan. Remove from the heat and add the lemon juice. Stir well.
- Serve the soup hot, garnished with parsley leaves, chili flakes, lemon slices and onions.
Products used in this Recipe: