Recipe-212-Coconut Curry Chickpea Soup
Do you love curries as much as we do? We’ve got the perfect recipe for you! If spicy, fragrant flavors paired with hearty chickpeas and creamy coconut milk sounds good to you — then our Coconut Curry Chickpea Soup is the dish for you. This simple, flavorful soup has all of your favorite curry spices that make it an absolute delight to have on a cold winter's evening. You’ll find yourself coming back to this recipe time and again because the combination of textures and flavors just can't be beat. Plus, it’s vegan-friendly so everyone can enjoy it together! Get ready, let’s dive into this delicious bowl of soothing goodness.
- 3 cups chickpeas, canned
- 3 cups vegetable broth
- 1 1/2 cup coconut milk
- 1/2 cup tomato sauce
- 1 onion, medium, red, chopped + extra for garnish
- 3 garlic cloves, sliced
3 tbs olive oil
- 1 tbs curry powder
- 1 lemon, half juice + slices to garnish
1 tsp salt
- 1 tbs parsley leaves to garnish
- 1/2 tsp chili flakes to garnish
Heat the olive oil in a saucepan and sauté the onions for 2-3 minutes over high heat. Lower the heat to medium and add the garlic and chickpeas.
Season with curry and salt. Add the broth, tomato sauce and coconut milk and simmer for 20-25 minutes.
- With a slotted spoon take half of the chickpeas out of the pot and process the rest of the soup with a stick blender (or food processor) until smooth and creamy.
- Return the chickpeas to the saucepan. Remove from the heat and add the lemon juice. Stir well.
- Serve the soup hot, garnished with parsley leaves, chili flakes, lemon slices and onions.
Products used in this Recipe: