Recipe-173-Quince Lime Olive Oil Sherbet
Welcome to a refreshing and delicious treat that’s sure to tantalize your taste buds: Quince Lime Olive Oil Sherbet! Perfect for summer days or anytime you could use a little pick-me-up, this sherbet is made with freshly picked quinces, zesty limes, and extra virgin olive oil – all of which come together deliciously in one unique scoop. Whether you eat it plain or as part of a frozen dessert platter - either way it's sure to be the highlight of your day!
- 1 large quince cored and diced
- 1/2 cup honey
- 1 vanilla bean, split
- 1/2 lime juice, plus lime wedges to serve
2 tbs olive oil
Heat the olive oil in a heavy-based saucepan and sauté the quince for 5 minutes. Add the honey and macerate for 10 minutes.
- Add 1 cup of water and bring to a boil. Simmer for 10 minutes.
- Strain through a piece of muslin or cheesecloth, then return the juice to the pan add the vanilla bean and lime juice. Boil for 10 minutes until the syrup is thick. Allow to cool.
- To serve, mix 1 part syrup with 3 parts soda water. Top with ice, garnish with edible flowers, and serve straight away with a twist of lime.
Products used in this Recipe: