Recipe-151-Homemade Pizza with Olive Oil Crust
One of the best things about homemade pizza is that you can customize it to whatever suits your palate. Whether you prefer a crispy, thin crust or a thick doughy one, you can make it just how you like it. But today we're talking Olive Oil Crust Pizza and how truly delicious this delightful Italian recipe truly is! Not only does olive oil add an extra bit of flavor to the dough, but using richly flavored EVOO makes all the difference in creating a round-the-table favorite meal. Join us as we take a look at why Olive Oil Crust Pizza should be part of your dinner rotation!
- 2 cups all-purpose flour, plus extra if needed
- 3/4 cup warm water, plus extra if needed
- 2 tsp instant yeast
- 1 tsp honey
1/4 cup olive oil
1/2 teaspoon salt
- Tomato sauce
- Mozzarella cheese
- Cherry tomatoes
- Feta cheese
Mix 1 cup of flour, instant yeast, honey, and salt in a large bowl.
Add the olive oil and warm water and mix well. Gradually add another cup of flour. Knead to form a dough. Add more flour if the dough is too sticky or more water if it's hard to knead.
Place into a clean bowl, cover with a damp towel and let it rise in a warm place for 30'.
- Preheat the oven to 350° F and line a baking pan with parchment paper.
- Shape the dough into 12" circle, on the prepared baking pan, rolling the edges to make the crust.
- Add your toppings and bake for 15-20 minutes. Serve hot.
Products used in this Recipe: