Recipe-146-Rice Pudding with Cinnamon Infused Olive Oil
Are you looking for an interesting and unique way to spice up your mealtime? Why not try adding some cinnamon infused olive oil to your next rice pudding recipe! This simple addition can take an ordinary dish and bring it up a notch with its bold, sweet flavor. Not only will it add texture and aroma to the dish, but also make it look exquisite. Whether you're starting from scratch or just want a quick twist on an already delicious classic, this simple upgrade is sure to impress.
1 ½ cup rice
- 4 cups milk
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- Cinnamon and fruit to garnish
- 2 tablespoons cinnamon oil
2 cups extra virgin olive oil
- 1 cup cinnamon sticks
For the Cinnamon Infused Olive Oil (Make ahead)
Make the cinnamon oil:
Get a clean, dry jar and fit ads many as possible cinnamon sticks in.
Pour in the extra virgin olive oil until all of the cinnamon sticks are completely immersed.
- Seal the jars and let it steep in a dry cupboard for 2 weeks, shaking the jar daily.
- Remove the cinnamon sticks and store in a dry, cool and dark place for up to a month.
Make the Rice Pudding:
In a wide saucepan dissolve the cornstarch into the cold milk. Add the rice, sugar and vanilla and bring to a gentle simmer stirring constantly until the rice absorbs all the liquids. Add extra milk, (or water) if needed.
- Divide into bowls and drizzle with some cinnamon oil.
- Garnish with fresh fruit and a dash of cinnamon and serve hot or cold.
Products used in this Recipe: