Recipe-111-Peach Olive Oil Cake
Are you longing for a cake that is tenderly moist, deeply flavorful, and surprisingly easy to whip up? Look no further – the perfect solution has arrived in this delightful peach olive oil cake! There's something undeniably delicious about combining the light sweetness of ripe peaches with the nuttiness of olive oil – an irresistible combination meant to tantalize your taste buds. Let us show you how simple it can be to transform wholesome ingredients into an indulgent dessert that will make every occasion special.
3 ripe peaches, thinly sliced
1 1/2 cups extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 cup plus a couple of extra tablespoons sugar
- 3 eggs
- 2 cups whole wheat flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- Optional, Greek yogurt, powdered sugar or vanilla ice cream, for serving
Preheat the oven to 390°F and grease a baking tin.
Marinate the sliced peaches with 1/4 cup of the olive oil, 1/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons of the sugar and the salt. Allow them to soak the flavors for 10-15 minutes.
Whisk the eggs with the remaining sugar and extra virgin olive oil. In another bowl, whisk the flour, with the baking powder and baking soda. Add the dry ingredients into the egg mixture.
- Add the peaches with their juices.
- Pour into the pan and bake for 35 minutes, until golden and a toothpick inserted into the centre comes out clean.
- Serve with Greek yogurt, powdered sugar or ice cream.
Products used in this Recipe: