Red Lentil Soup with Pancetta and Leeks
- 2/3 cup red lentils
- 6-8 strips pancetta, diced
- 2 leeks, sliced thinly
- 1 cup corn
- 4 cups vegetable broth
- 3 cloves garlic, sliced
- 4 tbsolive oil
- 1-2 bay leaves
- 2tbs parsley, fresh
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 1. Bring a pot of salted water to boil and cook the lentils for 10 minutes. Drain and set aside.
- 2. Crisp the pancetta in a dry pan for 1-2 minutes and set aside on a paper towel.
- 3. Heat the olive oil in the same pan and sauté the leeks for 5 minutes, seasoning with salt and pepper. Add the garlic and cook for a minute. Add the corn and stir.
- 4. Add the broth, pancetta andthe bay leafand simmer over medium heat for 20-25 minutes, adding water as needed.
- 5. Serve hot topped withparsley leaves and a swirl of olive oil.