Recipe-92-Tomato Olive Oil Galette
Why have plain bread when you can have a glorious tomato olive oil and garlic galette ? Easy to make, it will impress your guests, perfect while it’s still hot from the oven or cold as a snack. You can easily make it vegan by replacing the egg with a flax egg- one tablespoon of flaxseed with two tablespoons of water soaked for ten minutes. We promise to make more galette recipes, savoury and sweet because we know you are going to love them!
2 cups plain flour
- 1 egg, large
½ cup extra virgin olive oil plus 1 tablespoon for the filling
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1 teaspoon rosemary, dried
- 3-5 tablespoons water, as needed
- 2 ripe tomatoes
- ½ teaspoon brown sugar (optional)
1 teaspoon salt
¼ teaspoon black pepper
Preheat the oven to 390°F and line a flat baking pan with parchment paper.
Mix the flour with the egg, olive oil, water, a pinch of salt and pepper to make a dough. It should be flaky but easy to knead. Add extra water if it’s too thick or a bit extra flour if it’s too sticky.
- Knead and let it rest while you prep the filling.
- On the prepared baking pan, shape the dough into a circle with your hands and place the tomato filling in the middle, leaving a 4 cm border around the edge. Fold the rim over the edge of the filling, overlapping the filling just a bit. You don’t have to be precise with the shape.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes until golden brown.