Recipe-31-Stuffed Mushroom Salad
We all know that salads can be filled with dull and boring ingredients, but it doesn't have to be that way! Spice up your bowl of greens with a lovely stuffed mushroom salad. Juicy, earthy mushrooms combined with crunchy crackers make for a delightful new take on the classic salad meal. Not only does this dish provide delicious flavor, but its high nutritional content makes it an excellent choice for anyone looking to eat healthier! In this post, we'll go over how you can quickly and easily whip up your own tasty stuffed mushroom salad at home.
6-8 champignon mushrooms
- 4 cups mixed greens
- ¼ cup feta cheese, crumbled
- 2 tablespoon parmesan cheese
- 1 red onion, finely chopped
¼ cup extra virgin olive oil
- ½ orange juice
½ teaspoon salt
Preheat the oven to 390°F and line a baking pan with parchment paper.
- Remove the stems from the mushrooms and roughly chop the stems.
- Arrange the mushroom caps on the baking pan.
Heat one tablespoon of extra virgin olive oil in a no stick skillet and sauté the stems with the chopped onions for 2-3 minutes, seasoning with a bit of salt.
- In a mixing bowl combine the feta cheese with the parmesan. Add the mushrooms and onions to the mix.
- Fill the mushroom caps with the cheese filling and bake for 25-30 minutes until golden brown.
- Place the mixed greens in a serving bowl. Add the mushrooms.
Whisk the olive oil with the orange juice and a pinch of salt to make a simple dressing. Drizzle over the salad and serve.
Products used in this Recipe: