Recipe-20-Pistachio Olive Oil Gelato
Are you ready to take your taste buds on an adventure they'll never forget? If so, then our new Pistachio Olive Oil Gelato is the perfect way to do it! This unique and flavorful gelato combines two beloved flavors - pistachio and olive oil - that come together for a flavor experience like none other. Enjoy this delicious cup of creamy goodness with its salty-sweet combination and indulgent texture. Indulge in each spoonful, savor it, and enjoy the happy feeling that follows!
4 large egg yolks
- 2 cups milk
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1/2 cup honey
- 6 tablespoons pistachio paste (or peanut butter)
¼ cup extra virgin olive oil
½ teaspoon salt
Whisk in the milk, cream, and salt.
Whisk the egg yolks with the honey until they turn into a pale yellow, smooth cream.
- Pout her mixture into a heavy bottomed sauce pan and set the saucepan over medium heat, while whisking constantly for 3-5 minutes.
Remove from heat and whisk in the olive oil and the pistachio paste (or peanut butter).
- Pour into an airtight, freezer-safe container and refrigerate for 30-40 minutes.
- Stir again.
- Place in the freezer, stirring every two hours to achieve a creamy consistency for the next 4-6 hours.
- If it's too firm, thaw it in the refrigerator for 10-15 minutes before scooping and serving.
Products used in this Recipe: